Can Sponsored Pros Break/Tie The World Record Behind The Wrong Boat?

Dirt

• Baller
no payment from sponsored boat co if tied or broken behind a different boat, would you leave the money on the table and break the record or wait to ski behind your sponsor. I think I'd wait for the payday

• Baller

Looks narrow and like he had to push his hip out to get the ski wide enough, putting him in a bad position to finish the turn.

Most elite athletes have some sort of bonus clause with their sponsor on stuff like this. But do you think Nate or CP would stop skiing behind a MC at Diablo Shores because they didn't want to set the record? I think not.

• Baller

Rich pretty much nailed it. In many pro's contracts they will get a bonus or a bigger payday if the record is broken behind their sponsor. The only time you will see a sponsored skier break a record behind another boat is during a pro tour type series where on boat IE master craft is the sponsoring tow boat.

• Administrators

Boat contracts are a big deal to pro skiers. They do not want to set a record behind the wrong boat. I would put money down that a record will not be broken any time the wrong boat is out here.

I am sure it has happened but do not know the last time a record was set behind the wrong boat.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can