Best Amara Glove

A_B

• Baller

My old red Masters Curves are getting worn out. Have tried 2 different pairs of the new black Curves, and they just don't grip like the old grey amara.

Anyone else having the same issue? Roughed them up on the driveway also. I wear XXL, and looking for a sticky glove. Suggestions?

• Baller
I think the HO 41 Tail is hard to beat. The palm is a "kevlar Weave", but is soft and pliable, not stiff and granular like the Masterline Pro Curves. The grip is great, and they don't destroy your handle.

• Baller

@Marco, I have heard some folks complain the new 41 is not as good as the original version. Have you found this to be the case?

I have tried SL Kevlar before, and I know guys swear by them, but I just didn't feel like I was getting as good of stick to the handle as the Amara.

• Baller
@AB, I just started skiing with them at the end of last season, and am not sure if they are the old or new version, so I have nothing to compare them to. So far, they are holding up really well, and are comfortable with a good grip. I like them better than the masterline curves I used for years.

• Baller
I think the old version was white, possibly. Not sure, I was happy with my red curves, and had about 3 or 4 pairs in stock, just getting to the end of a good run though. The new black amara is not as "suede-ish" as the gray material. The black might last longer, but mine will last forever if they don't grip and I don't use them!

@AB I had 10 pairs of the SL SGS(super grip silicone) amara gloves.

Loved them- Ran out. I tried the Empire and Tails, new masterlines, Jobe.

I finally got settled in on the ERGO and enjoy them quite well.

The velcro strap does not stick as well as the SGS but the amara seems better and heavier than the SGS(last twice as long). I have the green pair of ERGO (2 years old) So need to check with Eddie if they changed color and style/material or just color.

I would love to buy 10 pair of the green ergo in a medium if anyone has any extra.

• Baller
I have the "newer" 41 tails and they seem the same as the "old" ones, its black with red instead of black with white. But get one size down from your normal size-they run large.