The BD skiers are incredible

Razorskier1

• Baller

Seriously, I watched some of the TX webcast. These guys are gutting out 38 and 39 off over and over and over again in the course of a single weekend. I've skied six round weekends before and done well in each of the rounds, skiing within my expected score range in every round. The difference, I think, is these guys are pushing the limit of 34mph skiing in every single round. Totally amazing. Respect to all you Dawgs!

As an aside, it was really interesting to watch how different each guy skis. Some lean harder, some not as hard. Some swing and come up tall early, others lay it down. Lot's of ways to skin the cat -- I just need to find mine!!!!

• Baller
This was the first time I've watched a whole Big Dawg finals online and the thing that struck me is that it takes an absolute TON of skiing, and skiing at your best, to get deep in the thing. Major props to all the guys and especially Chad.

• Baller
And not just making it through 39 1/2 by holding on. There were some strong, strong 39s run. Chad hammered one in the second round Saturday and Matt crushed one in the 2nd round on Sunday. I would have liked to have seen Matt try 41 after the way he hammered 39, but understand he was trying to conserve energy.

• Baller
@ShaneH -- I heard the rain pounding down on the tent (I assume) that the broadcast guys were under. The KLP video on the home page of BOS it sounds like it is just dumping. Again, props to the Big Dawgs -- y'all are serious, world class athletes.

• Baller
Yes, amazing stuff. Look at the brackets and how a guy like Badal skied consistent deep and doesn't make the final. Johnson is out in 2 rounds having posted a 108 and a 109 losing to a 110?????? Geez.

Took my wife and girls (10 & 11). We all had a great time for different reasons. My wife and I spent two days watching awesome skiing. We saw different styles yield amazing results. Those guys are incredible. They are unmatched in skill and endurance.

My oldest girl was stoked each time someone ran a 39. She was really excited about seeing the guys take a shot at the record. My youngest was fired up about meeting "the guy that owns that silly website daddy looks at all the time". We met lots of ballers, learned a lot and had great time. I wasn't a fan before, but now I think head to head is the way to present pro slalom. Sunday my kids didn't want to leave until it was over.

3 big take aways:

Chad was as good as the hype.

Kris proved to me I've still got time.

John was the most famous "mediocre" skier on the planet, until I saw him run 2@39. Hair has skills....