Another Ski Help Request

Joeprunc

Hi everyone,

So I've been skiing for two years (wake boarded for the previous 10 years) and feel like I have outgrown my current ski and looking for something new...well honestly really looking at the Radar Vice, but unsure of the size.

A little about myself: I'm 5'-9" (on a good day), 155 lbs, currently ski a 67" Connely F1X w/ double boots. I ski open water at 32-33 mph, when I get a chance to run the course I can hit all 6 (& the gate) at 32 mph w/ 15ft off (3 out of 6 passes) at 31 mph I usually hit all 6 buoys, 5 out of 6 passes. I'm going to blame the 5 out of 6 on my fiancee's driving :D as we don't have PP and have to drive my hand. My goal is to get to 34 mph or above by the end of summer. I would like to be able to run the course a 36 mph sometime in my life :).

Currently I feel like my ski is too big and I cannot hold my cut at any faster speeds than 33 mph even on open water. I'm definitely hooked on skiing and enjoying the challenge and workout, but feel like I've hit a road block in my progression. We usually ski twice a week and jump on a course maybe once a month, but looking at joining a club to be able to ski the course more.

So with that said I feel like its time for me to jump away from my shaped ski, and onto a non-shaped ski, and at the same time something shorter. Like I mentioned before I really feel like the reviews I've read from the Vice and everything Radar seems to be doing, and feel like it would be a great ski for me (plus I found a 2011 for a killer deal)...but what size would you recommend me to go with, 65 or 66? Would it make much of a difference for a newbie like me? I'm only 30 and expect my metabolism to slow down adding lbs in the near future. I like my current Connelly Hinge double boots, will the binding hole patterns line up with the Radar ski, or am I going to have to get bindings too? Should I open my eyes to other brands and skis too (it seems like D3s are very popular as well)?

Sorry for this being my first post, but I'm hoping to get some good in site from people that know more than I do.

Thanks,

Joe

I think the 67 is too big for your weight (I am a solid 200 on a 68 and going down to a 67.5) so whatever you buy, use this site and the size guidelines of the manufacturer to get on the right size. As I am hunting for a ski myself, there are some very slight disparities in sizing. I have the hinged boot on my Connelly and think it is a good boot, but I also skied on a Stoker set up and I like those a lot. I think Connelly is interchangeable with D3, but not sure about Radar, I now HO is different. Just keep asking a bunch of questions and hopefully you can distill things down to something that will be a good set up for you.

I'm 155# and ski on a Vice 66" ran the course -15 30.4mph this last weekend and still ski a lot at 29.5. I would think Vice 66" would be good for your wt especially at faster speeds. Not sure where you're located but if you're near Indiana and want to give my Vice a ride let me know.

Looking at the weight recommendations the 66 looks like it would be better for me, just not 100% sure. Especially how everyone keeps telling me that a 67 is way to big. One of my ski partners is telling me to get as small of a ski as possible.

Thanks Crashman I'd love to give the ski a go, but I'm out in CA.

• Baller_

I wish I weighed 155!

a 66 is in your future. Might want look at some of the syndicate series by HO also a Strada by Radar, have also heard and seen great things from the new D-3 Fusion. All have great bang for the buck!