Dreams come true

walleye

I just witnessed a true sport story @ our tournament yesterday. A lady I work always talks to me about how her son is really into slalom skiing but had never been on a course. I was making some visual aides and slalom notes for the kids @ the lake. I took a copy down to Nan's office and said have your son read this. Well one thing lead to another and now her son was entered in our tournament. I told Nan come out Friday night and practice. I drove Brian thru the course using the boat looking @ all the visuals, buoys, what to do etc. etc. He falls at one ball 24 long line. But when I looked in the mirror I saw perfect skier position just no timing. After couple sets and more coaching from all the slalom hounds Brian ended up running 3 or 4 @ 28mph. Yahoo, Nan and Brian were so happy. Then he told me about the Bob Lapoint VHS video that he watches all the time and dreams of being on the big stage. Now Brian's pasty white skin pencil arms should have landed him @ the library or stuffed in a trash can by the town bullies. None the less he was @ our ski tourney. Round 1 & 2 Brian skiid awsome 3 @ 32 mph each round. Everyone took notice of this kids dream. The jokes were flying about getting a old connelly concept (Brians ski) and watching Bob Lapointe videos. Round 3: Brian's back and face beat red from sunburn. Brian ran up to all the hounds asking for pointers. The word on the street was Dude don't leave it on the water. Brian came out on the big stage and run 2 @ 36 mph. The smile that kid had on his face and what we witnessed yesterday incredible.

I'm a bit older, but skied for Iowa and traveled to the Kansas tourney a few times on that square lake of theirs. Partied like crazy, skied ok, great memories.

6 Ball are you one them boys from Iowas we had to pull out of the muddy corn field. Been a ongoing investigation by that farmer. He said you Iowans were trying to drive corn prices higher by tearing up his crops.....Just kidding yes the Kan has had some good memories and we just saw one this weekend.