Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Some days ya just don't have it

Than_Bogan

• Baller

Thought I'd publish this as perhaps a help to some newer course skiers. I think sometimes people get insanely frustrated when they appear to have taken a big step back.

But some days, ya just don't have it.

This morning I thought I'd be a bit off because I had some very aggressive (and painful!) massage therapy done around my shoulder, psoases, and other places. I was pretty sore and weak, so decided I'd stay away from -38. No need to worry about THAT! I struggled like heck with my opening pass (-28), and then worked my ass off to squeek through a few -32s. -35 was a joke; shouldn't have even tried it.

Two days earlier, I was going deep -38 and had my first "oh man I shouldda run that" of the season.

And I'll be right back there soon, because I know that today doesn't mean anything unless I let it.

Some days, ya just don't have it. :)

• Baller
I have had two days so far this season that I could barely run a pass. Each of these were preceded by a brutal crossfit workout the day before. Both times I didn't think it would effect my skiing, couldn't have been more wrong.

• Baller
Yep. I had this day precisely last week. Worked out and ski'd several days in a row. Took a second set on my fourth day of skiing in a row because my set earlier in the day was terrible. I fell three times on my opener. Back to the boat and took a few days off

• Baller
Same thing happened to me on my birthday, first set of the morning was crap, and on top of that Chef ran his practice PB. I did ski later that night and redeemed myself with a good set. So you can also within a day go from crap to good, or good to crap. You just have to take this sport day to day.