Practice PB tonight

6balls

• Baller

Skied a quick set over lunch hour today in head/tail, 32, 32, 35 head and 2.5 at 38 tail after excellent start.

Went out in glass at 32 tonight and felt pretty good, went to 35 and was probably the best 35 of the year. I run it most of the time but this one was just sweet. Went to 38 where I have had some really good starts in the last few weeks and twice around 5 ball. Tonight 6 perfect leans and turns. Early the whole way, gentle swings and easy out the end gates. Figured "what the hell" and to 39...narrow at 1 but adequate turn and hook up, went for the mellies at 2 for onside and took too much, went just inside 3 ball. First successful 38 this year, earlier than usual so cautiously hopeful for the remainder of the season.

Feels good. Was PP classic at 16.94, perhaps will see ZO Sunday.

For what it's worth, I'm really trying to stay relaxed like it's no big deal. Pull light w/arms straight, begin edge change early but slowly, keep handle, and turn just after the ball (seems key). My hip goes over the top and then turn. Hip-turn, hip-turn. Anticipating the hip over the ball so there is no delay, but not turning in right at the back of the ball even though early. Seems only effective at 32 and shorter.

Hoping I'm onto something.

• Baller_
Wooooohooooo! Well done. That hip over the ball thing is hard for me. Still want to backside every line length. Will be in MN all next week. Weather is looking steller for our lake wind wise. Not sure I will make it up your way but would like to try. I'll be in touch.

• Baller
Thanks gents, been knocking on this door really hard for 3 weeks or so feeling like it was about to bust open...some really nice 38's going only to make a big error. The mistake has almost always been going for too much when early and trying to backside only to turn into the side of the boat and take the hit. Hoping it's not a fluke and I can build on it. Time will tell.