Is anyone skiing on the Connelly V ????

skifan

• Baller
I'm curious if anyone else is skiing on the Connelly V and how they like it. I like the speed across the wake but the ski seems slow to turn for me unless I get in perfect body position, which I know is not the ski's fault. I also was wondering what you guys are using for fin settings?

I am on a V. I doubt I can be of much help but here is what I have found. I am on a 68 and its a physically large ski. It is very easy to deep water start, it is very stable and predictable. I used it in the course for the first time this week and it can definitely get through the buoys but it does require you to turn it. I thought it did really well and I am confident that if I keep skiing it I will improve. My problem is that I skied on a prophecy and for me, that ski is much more agile and intuitive and seems like it would be easier to ski hard. I still really like the V, to be honest I haven't even sorted out my bindings just so you know I haven't exactly explored all of my options with the V. If I am stuck with the V, I think I am pretty good shape. I would like to try to ski a little faster, I ski at 31 at 15 off and think the ski might wake up with a little more speed, even 32. Horton has a good review on the ski and there are some vids of guys flogging it through the buoys so I know at this point I am the weak link. And its a Connelly, you may never need another ski. : )