Malibu TXI or LXI

rodltg2

• Baller
I am planning on buying a new boat ( at least to me) late fall or next spring . My boat actually has turned out to be fantastic and the best part it's paid for! However like most of us with kids it's just to small for family outings and the low freeboard makes me nervous on public lakes with small kids. I don't have the dilema like some families that want a boat that can perform well skiing and boarding. All I care about is the ski performance. But I do want a boat that can handle public lakes as well as ski lakes.Maybe the occasional Lake Tahoe trip. I'm not so concerned about ride( I can go slow) as much as I am about safety ( water over the front/ swamping). Two boats would be the best bet but I'm no Donald Trump! I think the Malibu LXI (07-11) or the TXI would fit the bill. Any suggestions on which boat will make a better rough water boat? I dont neccesarily need the open bow, how about the Carbon Pro? Before the kids I didn't sweat it ever . I took my 05 LXI in Tahoe without a second thought! For those who are not familar with lake tahoe, its beautiful must see lake that an get really rough without notice.

• Baller
Just sold my '07 LXI and got a TXI, defintely a better boat...Wakes are better as Scott said at long line and shorter too, improvement in the motor in relation to the pull (had ZO in the '07 too) not sure if they bumped up the horses a bit. Raised seat height is great in conjunction with the reworked windshield, aids in coaching/talking to skiers over the side, Maliview is sweet if your a techie guy, pretty cool options for displays and controlling everything from there even watching movies, same thing with the MTC...Driving is marginally better, both handle and track amazingly well and would argue to the end that when it comes to manuvering high or low speed that the Malibu is better than the rest. Spray is less and the boat is less susceptible to a one sided lean with a heavier driver on board. The TXI is good improvment and worth the extra coin, but you won't go wrong with the LXI, especially a newer demo if you can pick one up...