Handle guard / Arm Guard

McGruder

• Baller
I don't change the handle out very often, but can't you just take pull the rest of the 60ft. through the other end of the rope rather than over the handle itself when switching out handles? Might not work in tournaments well. I guess I haven't tried it this way, but wouldn't it work just the same as pulling it over the handle?

• Baller

The end of the universe will likely precede the save from having the correct material for the center thingy or the save from using tie wraps instead of shoelaces. The focus on this minutae is what I am objecting to.

I have seen one arm through the rope injury (from jumping). I have heard of a handful of others (5 by my count). I have personally had more ankle injuries than that. And I might be able to count a handful of skiers who have NOT had a back injury. The focus on the arm through the handle displaces far more pressing issues. Throw anything in your personal handle and cut the small risk to very small.

I did enjoy the rope release thread when I could picture Horton's diabolical approach to maximum effect. But it is an absurd thread if taken seriously. And the shoelace thread?

The dead horse emoticon is appropriate here.

And Jim "I'm way better than you!"

Eric

• Baller

@eleeski Now wait a second. I don't disagree with most of what you're saying, but this is a discussion board -- this is THE place to conduct brainstorming sessions and consider radical ideas.

At a time when this is on people's minds, it's the perfect time to have a discussion about a slalom release. If there's been any sort of conclusion there, it's been that we can't figure out how to do it in a way that is net positive for the sport.

But banning thinking about it would be a huge mistake.

• Baller
@banannaron. Here are a couple photos of my handle with TW's Arm-Guard. Been using this one pretty much since he first released this 2-panel design. Much easier to swap handles with this design, not really that big a deal to do. I've removed the center strap thingie but otherwise this is what they look like. Highly recommended.