Slalom Release

h20ya

With all these handle related injuries maybe is time we start using a release for slalom. Maybe someone can design a release similar to the Masterline Robbins release that will work for slalom. What do you guys think?

• Baller

One already exists. It is used with show skiing, and easily handles slalom. I got one, I thought it was through boarditup.com? or something, but the site isn't there. very cool device, since it can be used for slalom or trick.

The only problem I can see with a handle guard, is if you fall with a "punching" motion into the water, the guard could actually make it worse (trapping handle on your arm). I suppose there are always possible ways to have problems, so work on balance, a tight line, and use whatever safety measures you believe in.

Yes, I still have and use the release. I have one on my tower for wakeboarding and towing a tube. In actual use, I have used the release more for tubing (kid's parties) than anything else. However, it has saved more than a few people in slalom as well. It does make shortening the rope much quicker. It have it listed on e-bay right now, if you want one.