S2's and A2's all over the place

Skihack

• Baller
Here in North Carolina, this is all you see at tourneys. HO's are killing it. S2 is the hottest thing out. A2's are hot as well. Both are darn good skis. Here and there a few Goode's and a few of the older Strada's. April is the top skier, one of the the top in the world. Smartest thing HO ever did was to sign her. I have tried to tell Eddie Roberts and other's you got to sponsor a couple of the top local skiers. But, what do I know? I know this, North Carolina is HO territory, and there are hundreds of the red sticks everywhere. :)

My bad, I recalled it incorrectly, there is a chart on page 65 of waterskimag May 2012. Its the Top ten elite men/women who's on what?

Goode Men 4 Women 3

HO 2 3

Obrien 1 2

Radar 1 1

D3 1 1

Connelly 1 0

But, both men and women #1 are on radar, mens' world record and world champ on Goode, womens world record on goode, womens world champ on radar and big dawg on Goode. So for as far as elite of the elite, only Radar and Goode are represented.

I agree in theory, but the reality is that I will never ski the way those guys (you) ski, but, I know that having a kick ass stick can make my skiing better. My bank account would like me to narrow the choices and find one that I can ride for a few years. But I am not against throwing down 2k for a nano twist either if its that goode. : )

• Baller_

0514b5f136ff47dfdf1bdd9be9317a.jpg

Well the podium count might change in 2012 as the Syndicate series seems to be popular this year.

Michele and Stephen both are very happy with their A-2's. She is not just the Masters chief scorer but a up and coming W-5 slalom skier. After a 24 year hiatus she has gotten up to 32mph and starting to shorten the rope. She rides a 64" Stephen is riding a 67".

• Baller

Truth is most of the pros are not riding the same skis that we buy off the shelf...they are modified, tested, tweaked beyond the common everyday skiers range of skill. Regina is on a ski that isn't availible to the general public. Jeff Rodgers is on something that very few have the knowledge of what it actually is. CP is on AM prototypes and tweaked to his liking. Will Ashers skis are not "off the shelf".....etc. etc. etc.

@Horton is dead on...ski what works for you and don't follow the trends. Ride as many skis as you can until you find one that works for you. I have found that the 2012 Prophecy is working great for me...not too many pros, big dawgs, etc. are on that ski and I couldn't care less.

I also agree with skibug ski on what works for you. My dad still skis better on his 30 year old ski's than any of the new ski's he has demoed this year. I was also addicted to my first run CDX until I broke it last season.