What Instructional DVD's are good out there these days?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

A newb to the forum here. Long time skier. Formed my style based on the LaPointe/Suyderhoud vid of the late 80's/90's along with some training tips from the vid Rathbun put out in the 90's. I did try to add some more knee bend from watching Mapple back then.

Now, I am getting back into skiing more, got a new(er) ski to replace my vernerable Duvall, and would like to watch some vid. My ski time is somewhat limited so I rely somewhat on vid and visualization. Given the above influences, does anyone have a suggestion for some good instructional vid? I don't see myself turning into a full on west coast slalom guy overnight, but I am open to anything. I understand Suyderhoud has a west coast vid out, but am interested in what else is out there.

Thanks!

• Baller

@Than Bogan Cool, I'll check that out. I found in the past that videos of skiers training are most helpful, rather than competition footage. It looked to me that there might be a lot of vid on the site that is helpful too.

I still would like a good analytical/instructional vid regarding modern technique as well.

• Baller
@Sunvalleylaw There hasn't been a new instructional slalom video since "West Coast Slalom." You're probably best off studying the "Just Sets" in bonus footage on "Edged in Water II." Also check out the "On the Dock with Terry Winter" videos on YouTube.

• Baller
@skijay Cool! Winter's vids are a great idea as I have read his articles years ago, and he at that time was a D3 skier. The Nate Smith vid looks promising too and i will find that Edged on the Water II as well. As far as vid of me, once I get my ski dialed in and have some more runs in, I will see what I can do. It will be just some dude skiing, and nothing to write home about, but a starting place anyway.

• Baller

If you have a more traditional skiing style standing tall, hips up, chest out, elbows to the vest, and handle low and in the pocket with more weight naturally distributed on the rear foot,...you may want to look at this skier's vids who just won the Big Dawg again,...Chad Scott.

He is also one of the best "tail riders" out there today and is the furthest thing from "west coast"!!! Watch where the water is breaking under his ski all the way through the course! :-)