Ever tweak your fin or adjust the wing during a multi-round tournament?

thager

• Baller
Just curious if anyone else is making ski adjustments on site during a tournament. I was very frustrated with my first rounds and skiing very poorly. I adjusted wing angle from 8 to 7 degrees with interesting positive results. You?

• Baller

Just did it this weekend. Got a new Strada on Thursday, skied one round of practice on Friday, then skied 3 rounds on Saturday, adjusted before every round. Actually had to ski 32 off the dock in a team contest and did, after mis-firing in the first two rounds, so it got better every round.

If you feel like the ski isn't with you, then make a change! Life is too short to accept a ski that is out of tune.

• Baller
@gjohnson, I think last year at pine island you rotated your head 360 degrees and changed out your liver between rounds one and two (not to mention your outfit). I still can't believe you were not out the end-gates at 38...that was a killer pass you had going.

• Baller
@6balls Yeah that was a fun weekend. I totally needed a new liver after that friday night and changed the velcro on my ski between rounds. It would've been nice to get out the gates but realistically, I probably would've fell at 1 ball anyway.

• Baller
I agree with @Than Bogan -- I have many more issues above the bindings than below! That being said, I did adjust my wing once -- I was at a tournament with a new ski and the wing was supposed to be at 8 degrees. Pulled the ski onto the dock after a dis-satisfying round and someone on the dock asks what the wing is at. I say 8, he says it looks like 14. We get out the gauges and sure enough, the wing is at something like 14. We adjust it and I run 38 off two rounds in a row. Life's good. Funny thing was that I went back home and looked at my angle gauges. They were totally screwed up. My 8 degree gauge was, in fact, closer to 14. It was an old free set that came with a KD ski about 15 years ago. I think I'll give them to @MS -- that will really get in his head!