Veteran looking for a new ski..... : )

SDNAH2OSKIER

Hey guys. I started skiing again two summers ago (actually I ski year around now) but am 46 and have arthritis. I started on a Connelly mid S to minimize the pressure and fatigue of deep water starts but quickly bored on that and last summer bought a Connelly V which is a nice ski, nothing to really complain about but... I put a set of Enzo boots on the V and that did not work out for me, in fact I got pissed cause I couldnt get up on them, well certainly not the automatic ups that I am used to now. So I put the V on the platform but my ski buddy wouldnt let me in the boat. He threw me his 2011 Prophecy with Stokers and I popped up and had a great run. Now I am deeply in like with the prophecy and wanting that or something faster and more agile than the V. I checked out the new Prophecy and the HO S2 at my local shop, what else should I be looking at? I can ski my buddies prophecy any time and thought I should consider something else that we can both use. Thanks in advance, this is a great board, been lurking for a long time.

Doug

@footloose, I agree, the 2011 prophecy was awesome and not sure I would readily notice a difference on the 2012 but I am hoping this might be the last ski I buy and with that in mind am ok with paying a fari price for I I would gladly buy a used ski or a previous model year though if in fact it were still the same ski. The A2 or least the S2 got the stepped bottom like my V, I am slightly more interested in the A as it is advertised or marketed as the angle v. the speed. I am not a fast skier. I am skiing at 31 and looking to get up to 32+ this year on a smaller ski (for me) the V is a pretty big ski. I am also going out on the course for the first time ever tomorrow.