The Video We Have Been Waiting For.... Regina!

Klundell

• Baller
She was pretty generous with her praise of that Goode, but it didn't look like it was doing her any favors at 39 or 41. She is just so tough-minded that she refused to let it buck her off. She's incredible!

• Baller
I was extremely impressed with the way the ski finished for her with very little if any of the tip raise she had been experiencing on previous models. It looks like Goode has produced a winner! But then again, look who's riding that Goode. Incredible! I think she could go all the way!

• Baller

@Mr. Jones Sure I'm serious. Which ski looks better behaved to you at -39?

goto 6:13

Yes, I know that Nate is a phenom, but so is Regina, and in Nate's video, he is 2 mph faster and in cold fast water.

I didn't say Regina's ski was crap, just that it wasn't making it easy for her and that she rocks under pressure.

• Baller
Fabulous skiing from Regina, if she had slightly better position out of 2 ball she would have made it to 4 ball, Standing next to Dave Goode she does not look that tall, great skier, thanks for the Video, that was a good piece of work as well.

• Baller

I have to say, Goode do seem to produce the right equipment when it comes to there tournament skiers, and gives them good support, I hate to say it, but the ski did look good, it,s not for me because of the velcro thing, but you have to take your hat off to Dave Goode, he does produce a good product, not sure about the durability, but if you are on his books I am pretty sure you would not have to worry about that, as long as he gets to do a video interview, your in !

P.S. I Do Like The Background Music

• Baller_
Velcro sucks but you can get a Goode with inserts now. I rode a 9960 that was to big for me and it still felt great. If your on rubber, you could have TeamMalibu make a plate to mount the rubber and then velcro on the ski. That is as far as I would go. If you trust the velcro to release, at some point you are going to pay for it. Just how does one find out what the correct amount of velcro is? Trial and error? If you want to ski hard shells, try the reflex and load up on velcro to mount he plate.

• Baller_
@OB I would say 85% of the readers of BOS do not know how to use it. Amounts, skier type, weight, boot type and lots of other factors come into play with safety of velcro. Trial and error can cost a skier lots of time off the water if they get hurt.

• Baller

Just want to point out there's a difference between using Dual-Loc as a release mechanism and using it as a "permanent" (yet undoable) mounting system (with bindings from which you can release, such as rubber or Radar shoes).

I like it quite a bit for the latter purpose. I am starting to think I might prefer it to inserts, actually.

• Baller
@Scotchipman "Another benefit of Dual Lock is that it allow the ski to flex more naturally."

I agree that this is a significant benefit, and even wonder how much of a role it has played in the success of Goode skis over the years. Has anyone switched to Dual Lock on another ski brand and noticed a difference?

• Baller

I'm switching back to velcro as a permanent mounting system due to necessity. The upshot is my ski should flex a little better with the G-10 plate versus my Sequence Plate. Maintaining the velcro closure as opposed to constantly re-tightening screws is a wash in my book.

On a side note - I'm using @scotchipman 's dual lock chart as a reference, but plan on exceeding the recommended amount of velcro for my size (buck-thirty). I don't want the velcro to release as I'm on RS-1's, but I ordered the 250 only - not the 250/400. I'm assuming I will still be able to apply enough tape to lock me in. Am I correct?

• Baller_
I guess in my case, hard shells just dont work. I have tried them all and its too much. If they would work I would probably be skiing on them but I guess I am lucky they dont. Of all of them, the reflex felt the best but they never felt really good. I do feel safer in rubber and only have a calf pull in 35 years of skiing, but if hardshells would get me a bunch more balls, I would risk it.

• Baller

I can't prove it, but I really feel a well-designed hard-shell release system and a well-designed rubber pair are a wash in terms of safety. It's just that the cases where you will get hurt are different.

Personally, I would not use two boots that are not the same, and thanks to my narrow foot I feel a rear toe is not as safe of an option either. To me the one danger that is easiest to avoid is having only one foot come out. With most hardshell systems, that's nearly impossible, and with two rubber boots that are the same type, it's pretty unlikely.

• Baller

"Velcro only sucks for the those who don't know how to use it. I've used it since 2004 with no issues... "

@OB, it is like saying that having to manually tweak the windows Registry only sucks for those that do not know how to do it...

Double boot set-up seems very popular to the west of the Atlantic. In the UK you're more likely to see a RTP on the rear, even at high level. If I stop to think about the possibility of my rear foot coming out of my RTP and my ski windmilling around a few times without releasing, it makes me a little uncomfortable. Although this is feasible, I've never heard of it happening. Does it happen much ?

• Baller

@dave_n I came extremely close to a shredded knee in a tournament about 15 years ago when my rear foot ejected unexpectedly in an awkward pull. Switched to double boots ASAP after that.

But many folks use RTP for decades without incident.

• Baller

A reflex front boot and a loose rear rubber boot releases both feet for me 3 times this season. Back boot just be lose!!!

MS I could not ski the reflex front boot until I cut the uper cuff down and put a slot between the first and second buckle, Like the old fogman boots. this gives the boot some latteral movement and the ski does not feel On and off gives you you some movement. I have seen lots of skier and pros ski with boots cut this same way.

Deano