SN 200 Platform Padding

A_B

• Baller

I skied behind a new 200 on Friday and when I hauled my keister up the platform, my old high-mileage knees were gently greeted by a very cushy pad. What type of material is this and who makes it?

• Baller

Thanks Scott.

I thought I found it earlier today surfing the web, and I sent them an email, but you just confirmed that it is Seadeck.

It felt terrific compared to the hard black N Sano Pad. They have several colors. Now just a matter of finding out if they will sell some direct and how much they will want for it.

AB

• Baller

@AB

They used to sell factory direct, but I've heard from numerous Nautique guys that they're no longer doing so. Supposedly dealers felt slighted by losing the business of installing Seadeck for those opting out of carpet. I guess we'll see how they respond to you. It's great stuff, and I'm thinking about testing its endurance by replacing the carpet in our '91 Prostar. The pond tractor will become our test mule.

• Baller

Seadeck is basically the same thing as Hydroturf or Blacktip. Blacktip is a little cheaper than hydroturf and comes in PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) backing standard. Just get a rectangular sheet of whatever color you want and cut to size with scissors or knife. My boat came with a fiberglass platform which was super slick and dangerous. I put this stuff on it and it's been fantastic. It's grippy, soft, and I typically only have to take a bathroom brush to it once or twice a year before getting in the boat after skiing to clean it. Here is a picture of mine. Bad angle and funky lighting but you get the idea. Mine cost maybe $50. You don't get the Mastercraft or fancy lettering that Sea Deck has but it's about a 1/5 of the price too.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m607/jfw432/DSCF1275.jpg