Un-boxing new ride

The_MS

• Baller_
I hope so. I liked the A1 but the A2 I tried was not for me. I have been looking for a ski since I sold my 66 Strada. I will never sell my old ski again until I have a new one under me that I like better.

• Baller_

@skidawg 6th if you count the A2 early spring.

67 Strada. too big

66 Fusion, you know that story

Monza, Rocks

Goode 9960, too big for cold water

S2

I will send review after I ride a few sets but I need to ride Monza for the tourney this weekend.

• Baller

Please do share your thoughts! I'm not really in the market for a new ski, but that S2 sounds like maybe it could be something special. Or perhaps the step bottom is the way of the future and we'll soon have a new generation of even awesomer skis that take that to the next level.

Anyhow, I'm very curious!

• Baller_
@Than You can feel and see them if you look close but it looks different than the Connely. The V had Vs on the bottom. The S2 has steps across. I can tell you now that this ski will be much better then the V.

• Baller_

@MS just messing with you. Can't make ya to upset, you may not let me come out and ski in a couple weeks.

I have the same size S2 and for what it's worth #s as follows

Ventrals

Boots @ 29.75

would love to know where Bedel set the fin and wing.

What do u waight?

• Baller_

5'10 and 174 post man month.

He set it up at 2.485, 6.893 tips, .749 DFT.

The wing was at 7 so I have an e-mail into him reconfirming the numbers and wing angle. I have the boot at 29 5/8 but will go back if needed.

• Baller

@MS: My S2 is a 67.5, so you may need different numbers. I also have my Sans Rival Carbon Fin on the S2 with two Ventrals. Boots are Fwd 1/8th" @ 30 1/8th.

Fin: FWD Mini Ventral - Zero Degrees

Rear Large Ventral - 6 degrees

6.750 Jaws..6.820 Tips

• Baller_
The ski did not perform well in 90f plus water. I think if a guy had some time to log each ride and figure out the binding fin set up for all temps, it would be fine but I cant risk dealing with a dog when I fly down to ski in hot water. The ski was awesome in cooler water. I think a 67 would work better in the hot water for me but I cant have 2 skis on the shelf. I rode it at Cottonwood with water in the 80s and loved it. The next week, the water went over 90 and I couldnt make the ski work. I tried a 9960 (67.25) in the hot water and it felt great. I put the D3 up for sale, went to Little Rock to ski and the water was in the low 80s. The 9960 felt like a river barge so I pulled out the D3 and it felt great again. The Fusion is gone. A Baller from Il. bought it.

• Baller
I suppose I better go over to the Fusion thread and post my review. Do you want the one about the 66" ski I really really liked that the airline broke in two a week ago. Or the one about the 65" ski I rode the day I found out about my broken ski? I'm currently between skis.