HO Syndicate S2 Review

Horton

• Baller_
I moved the bindings forward and droped some tip to see if I could make the ski turn quicker at 35/38 and it did not work. Back to stock settings. I liked the way it felt at stock and probably just need some sets on it. I ran down to my average with ease so I will go back and ride it a few times.

• Baller

After skiing a few sets on one at ski school I decided to order one (I couldn't take the one I skied on with me). I felt it was a little more free after the wakes than my A1. I am going to have to ski on the A1 for a few days as the S2 won't be here until next week.

I didn't beat my practice PB but I did run to within a buoy of it on my first set on the ski. I am excited to ski on the S2 when I am not gassed from skiing 3-4 sets a day.

• Baller_

I will take a few more sets on mine but after 6 sets on the ski, I am sticking with the Monza. I like it but it feels like more work to get to my average.

@OB how are you liking the ski and what fin numbers?

For Sale 66.5 S2

• Baller
I have been on a 66.5 S2 for about 6 weeks now. I have been running one hole back from stock and the ski was good - about even with my Goode Mid. I went into a 2 day slump and decided to make a change. After reading Horton's comment about liking the binders way back, I decided to move back one more click, which is as far back as the binders (Connelly Enzos) will go. All I can say is wow! I went from running ugly 35's and having to get lucky to go deep 38 to running 35's with ease and knocking out about half my 38's. For whatever reason, I am now earlier into the buoy and the end of the turn is butter smooth. For now, I am loving the binders way back.

• Baller
I have the 67.5. One thing I am noticing is that I am getting spray in my face when I round the bouy. Skiing 22-28 off and 210 lbs. This is probably more technique than anything, but do you all think if I move the bindings back from stock it will help the situation? Another question I have is should I remove the wing on this ski given the line length I am skiing right now?

• Baller
Bananaron, With the binder in the middle hole, the binder measured out at 29.5, which is stock for my 66.5. I was at one hole back which would have been 29 3/8. The magic started for me when I went another hole back, which should be 29.25. My fin is pretty close to stock and the wing is at 9. It may just be my skiing style, but I tended to run back a hole or two on my 63.75 inch Mid also. At the moment, I would have to say I prefer the S2 over my Mid and the best thing is those wonderful little metal inserts. I love those things. Such a novel idea. I much prefer the option to go velcro or screws.

I would think that skiing 36 at my level (28-32off) the ski would be fine, and I wouldn't really notice the difference between 34 and 36. But for a more advanced skier skiing like 35-38 off and beyond at 36, they would be effected more than me at my level? Does this make any sense at all??