Fin Check

skidawg

• Baller
Once a week. Bindings too. Although I have a piece of tape under the back side of my front binding plate with a mark on it so I can tell right away is the plate has slipped; which it has in the past. Now I have a couple of strips of anti-skid tape under my FB.

• Baller
The bindings have always moved forward. I think when the ski flexes enough at the right moment, probably at the exit of the turn somewhere between the compression and rebound of the flex and you get crushed, pulled over the fron of the ski; this is when there may be enough tension taken off the flange of the screw head, washers, etc. to let the plate slide. Just my theory.

• Baller
Only time my fin ever moved was on the airplane to Nationals one year. Guess I shouldda checked it, huh? But I am more worried about becoming obsessed with constant re-checking than I am about a one-per-lifetime missed opening pass due to it moving.

• Baller_
I loaned my "pink" strada to a skier at last week's tourney who felt his old ski was losing some "snap", when we checked the fin (just to be sure) it was dead on. My point is that if you're careful with your ski (no standing on the fin) and tighten the screws correctly, it shouldn't change adjustments unless you hit something

• Baller
@richarddoane I'd love to see a picture of "said skier" on the pink ski putting the hurt on it at 1,3or5. By the way, the S2 proved to only be worthy of 4 @ 38 a couple times this past tourney weekend but I think it's on the short list. Short list becasuse those tourney rounds were the first ever rides on it.

• Baller
Skied at lunch and damn near fell going through the gates. Couldn't run my opener three times. Got in the boat, released the Exo's, and found that three of the front screws were loose, the fourth was barely hand tight. I guess that front binding was moving on the rail. Tightened em back down and ran straight up into 35.

• Baller
@MS Sorry for the slightly misleading comments. The S2 was being ridden by my main ski partner. He was also the guy testing Richard's pink Strada. The S2 is a 66.5 and at 150 lbs is on the big size for me. I think. However, I will be riding it this weekend to see if I need to explore it more. And will have my hands on it tomorrow. Friday for sure. I'll get you some numbers.

• Administrators

I am a jackass! I made fun of anyone who stands on their fin .. see above. ... tonight I totally dinged my fin on the concrete. I am the rookie!

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Pink it's my new obsession

Yeah, pink it's not even a question,

Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause

Pink is the love you discover

Pink as the bing on your cherry

Pink 'cause you are so very

Pink it's the color of passion

'Cause today it just goes with the fashion

Pink it was love at first sight

Pink when I turn out the light, and

Pink gets me high as a kite

And I think everything is going to be all right

No matter what we do tonight

You could be my flamingo

'Cause pink is the new kinda lingo

Pink like a deco umbrella

It's kink - but you don't ever tell her

• Baller
I take a Silver Finepoint Sharpie and run a line the length of the base of my fin and two small horizontal lines on the ski at the tip and tail of the fin. That way one quick glance at the fin before I ski tells me if there has been any movement or not.