Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Random thought about 9100

Than_Bogan

• Baller

Think maybe Dave is playing the Asian market that we've been learning about recently via ski-it-again and Taelan28, among other sources?

I could imagine this as a must-have collector's item for a certain slightly-too-rich must-impress-friends category of buyer. This is, after all, the ski that started a revolution.

Even if Dave didn't think of this (which I doubt -- he's a sharp businessman for sure), I'd be curious to know how many of these end up in Asia.

• Baller

I do not think that in our sport there is a space for valued collector's memorabilia.

I am kind of certain that the 9100 that Jeff R. used for running 41 for the first time would be sold at less than Warp value in an auction. Would not probably be Sotheby's material...

• Baller

@ral I think perhaps you misunderstand. I don't mean somebody's gonna sell this thing for more than retail someday because it's "collectible."

I mean someone will want to buy one (at retail, from Goode) just to say he has one, as opposed to skiing on it.

• Baller

Than, I think I got it.

In any case, if I get one and I say to my wife "it is just to say I have it", she would be angry, worried and scared... I can stand one of these at the same time, not the three...

• Baller_
Hmmmmm?, maybe Jeff R. is skiing on one now. Put up some big scores, get accepted as a BD contender, run the 41 pass and then have a big unavailing. That would sell some skies. Ya ....crazy.

• Baller
At the Malibu, Charles and I were standing there talking to Jeff after their first round of qualifying. He wiped the ski down quickly and put it in it's case. It did not have the top sheet contour of a 9100, though. Of that I'm pretty sure. Charles asked him what he's riding now and he replied something like "Ahhhh, just an old stick." LOL

Whatever play Dave is making to the asian market i gotta say hes doing a decent job. It wouldnt hurt to do research to see if there are any nuances Goode needs to find and cater to so they can dominate. One thing he could do is look into korean import taxes. See if he can find a way to lower the cost of the ski by a few hundres bucks. Btw what do you mean youve been learning things about the asian market via SIA? was there an article? are you friends getting buyers from asia?