A2 vs. A1

skiron07

• Baller

my buddy and I have both migrated from the '09 A1 to the '12 A2 and, while we both love them, we both kind of feel that the A2's sweet spot is smaller than the A1 making it a tad less forgiving...thoughts? we also both think it's quicker off the ball so maybe HO added some tail stiffness which results in this?

thx

• Baller
I have been trying out an A2 this season, having been on an A1 for 2.5 seasons prior. Last week I started really poorly on the A2 and decided to switch back to the A1 for a bit. Not sure if it is me or the ski but my skiing was much better this past weekend. I have not given up on the A2 I did seem to struggle on it quite a bit. I was having a challenging time on my offside, not that I don't normally have some issues with it, but much more than usual. All this being said, it is early in the season for me in Maine and I'm sure the early season rust is playing a roll in all my struggles.

• Baller_

I can give a little feed back on the A-2 however have not personally skied on the A-1.

My wife who is about 130# skis on a 64" A-2 at 26-32 MPH at -15 she really likes its fast turning characteristic and the ease of how it for her seems to finish it's turns and takes her over to the to the next side. She is not the best skier out their but she feels comfortable on the ski and for her it seems very predictable .

Stephen just got on one this week ripped right into 35 and back sided 1,3,5. He came off a wore out Green SixAm that he had not run 35 this year on.

I tried a 66" and really liked it at 36 mph but felt for me it was slow off the ball at 34mph. would have tried a 67 however one was unavailable at the time.

Anyway the ski seems to be a favorable one and a broad range of ski abilities seem to be able to ski well on it.

• Administrators

A1 was really loved by pro skiers. With top level skills it is an awesome ski.

If you are not heavy on your front foot at On Side the A1 does a school bus turn. The A1 is also not super fast.

On the other hand you can be dumb as @MS on your Off Side turn and the A1 always points across.

The A2 is faster and a lot more balanced. Personally I never skied good on the A1 but really liked my A2 until it was stolen.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can