If you were going to ski 3 days in a row - how many times would you slalom each day

Horton

• Baller
Depends on how long the sets are. I skied 5 days this week for a total of 11 sets I think at 6-8 passes, if I am at the lake for a long time driving and such I would ski 3 if I could space them out but if its just me and a ski partner I only will do 2, time is usually my biggest limiting factor. When iI'm working at ski school it is usually once a day but around 12-14 passes.

• Baller
If I have all day to ski 3 sets is great. Two in the morning with a couple of hours between them and another one in the afternoon. Usually that isn't the case so I ski one a day. I have skied the last 5 days in a row with 1 slalom set and I had a trick set yesterday and I skied a little tired yesterday.

• Baller

Day 1 --> Four times on day 1 because if I can ski as much as I want and my body is feeling good -- I just can't stand looking at nice water and opportunity with that go big or go home attitude.

Day 2 --> Three times on day 2 because be body probably told my brain to slow down man... you're not 20 anymore but brain is still fighting back.

Day 3 --> Two times on day 3 because my body is starting to yell at my brain saying, "you idiot, you should have just been doing 2 or 3 sets a day from the start" and the brain is starting to listen -- as I hobble around.

Long story short... I will ski beyond the point of diminishing returns because I love being on the water and with an opportunity to have multiple days with multiple sets -- I'll worry about pain later!

• Administrators
I ski with some guys who only get to ski Friday- Sunday and whose fitness is killer. I am always giving them a hard time for skiing 4 times a day. They are having so much fun and I am telling them it hurts their ball count. I might be too harsh but I also think they might be over the top. To me 2 rides a day is about the limit before I can no longer ski smart. 8 passes per is great but but if I am skiing close to my limit I can only take so much.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

@Horton what you're saying makes sense, but the problem is that addiction triggers irrational behavior. Sure I'll tell my wife I'm just going to take a pair of sets, and tell the same thing to my driver, and as the sun dips over the horizon and I'm putting on my ski for the third set or taking a "mega set" I might suppress the notion that this is a bad idea, but at the end of the day (literally) if I can still see the buoys there's no way I can resist one last tug. My ski partner is every bit as bad- we just look at each other and know what's about to happen. Addicts will sacrifice logic and their bodies for one last fix. Whether it's jumping in 40 degree water, buying a boat from California, skiing while my wife in in the hospital with our newborn son, or skiing that last set there's nothing "smart" about this slalom thing- for me at least- and the more I round buoy #6 the worse it gets.

• Baller
When we go to Coble's Ski School it is three sets a day for 4 days and that seems about right if you are in shape and spacing the sets out. Although you are dead tired for a day or two after.

• Baller
Back when I was young, I would ski 5 sets a day. No more. Ideally, I would ski 2 sets every other day, but I find myself skiing 3 or 4 two set days in a row, then 3 days off. After 3 days in a row, I'm pretty much toast.

• Baller
I haven't had the opportunity to ski until I can't since I was a kid. Either I don't have the time, or I don't want to wear out my welcome, or I can't find willing partners in crime. For three days I could definitely ski my pants off and enjoy every minute of it.

• Baller

I am one of those guys that Horton gives to us crap for skiing too much. Since I live about 90 miles away from our site I only get to ski Friday afternoon to Sunday. Friday 2-3 sets, Saturday 4-5 (or 4 sets and maybe a wakeboard,)

Sunday 2-3 sets. As I tell John, I don't come up here to sit around, and just being on the water skiing 6 28's or 32's

late in the weekend is more fun than sitting. Some sets you feel great and run a good buoy count, others you may be a little tired and you back off and have fun.

• Baller

I only get to ski Friday through Sunday with a Thursday night on occasion. Early in the season I ski two sets a day because it becomes counterproductive after that. Mid season if I can get 3 sets a day, that is perfect. About 6-8 passes per set.