Skiing in Indy/Terre Haute

BG1

• Baller

I will be in Indianapolis June18-22 and Terre Haute June 25-29 on business and hoping to find a site to get a couple of sets in during this time. I will be happy to pay for the skiing and it would be greatly appreciated. The only contact I could find was Indy Ski School which does not have a course. Thank you for any help/advice you can give me.

Bill Gibson

hey Bill couple thoughts

check out the indiana water ski association site

there is an open ski at the fairland ski club on June 18th

http://indianawaterski.org/schedule/nsl/Index.htm

http://indianawaterski.org/clubs/fairland/fairland.htm

the indy skiers have a course on the white river in downtown indy and have an open ski session June 22 http://www.indyskiers.com/

• Baller
I am a member at Fairland ski club, we do have a Monday night ski event on June 18th. This is an event where all are welcome, 25 bucks for two sets (unless a really big crowd) you are more than welcome to come we are also hosting a 2 round class C tournament the 24th this is the inaugural Hoosier Buoy Tour event. This is a handicapped tournament modeled after the very successful Buckeye Buoy Tour in Ohio. We would love to have you at any and all events. Email me @ bryandougherty13@gmail.com for more info. Also, would possibly be available for a ski some other time during that week not sure what my schedule will be. @crashman you are a Hoosier right think about signing up for the buoy tour. It should be a good time and all abilities are welcome bring some friends! Bryan

• Baller

Scott Tynan's lake, Sawmill is down in Columbus just a little south of Indy.

I dropped in at Champion Lake which I think was just northeast of Indy several years ago and got some pulls there.

Lots of skiing and good Midwest hospitality.

• Baller
@ crashman no experience necessary for the HBT our goal is a tournament that welcomes any level of skier. All divisions grassroots, novice and advance will compete against thier own division with the top five in each division reaching the finals. Your scores will be based on your percentage against your highest buoy count. This encourages competition between all levels of skiers. We will have a mini course for grassroots skiers and four pass minimum, novice skiers will recieve a mulligan as well. Advanced skiers will recieve a minimum of 2 class c rounds with a third coming if you reach the finals. Come join us if you can. Bryan