1st New Ski in 20 years

wcciv25

• Baller
I am hoping for some feedback. I am 45 and grew up on a lake skiing. My current ski is a 1986 O'brien Competition GT 67" w/Double high wraps. Time for a new ski! I am a lake skier that has done the slalom course but its been a while.I am looking at to get back on the water with my kids and try to get my mojo back. Here are the 3 skis I am considering. Please give any feedback you have on them. Synchro, Triumph, or Coefficient X. Thank you everyone. I get my boat delivered next week so lets hear your thoughts.

I really love my new triumph! It's better in every way than my older triumph, which I used to get back into skiing again about 5 years ago. I wasn't making a lot of progress in the course, but mainly still doing mostly free skiing. I tried a high end ski, thinking it would be the magic bullet, but it was too advanced, as I had to slow way down in the course. I decided to get serious and get lots of coaching on ski lakes, get the 2012 triumph per a coaches suggestion, and I am now skiing the course. Give the new triumph a try.

• Administrators

@wcciv25

Of the three skis you have named there is not a bad ski but they are really three different skis.

I have not ridden the latest Triumph but generally this is the most stable of the three and the one you would ride at the lowest speeds.

The Synchro is a little more advanced and will go a little faster but I would not want to ride it at 34 mph

The COX is a full on shortline ski. It is stable but not super stable like the two other skis.

So the question should first be what kind of skier are you? How fast do you ski? How aggressive are you?

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Having not skied much in the past 10 years I would classify myself as a lake skier with the hope of being aggressive again. I used to ski around 32-34mph. I hope I have made the right choice of skis. I went with the 2012 Triumph. As much as I liked the look of the Synchro, I think I get more band for my buck with the Triumph and more forgiveness. COX is prob too much ski for my current level. I also will say the Eric at HO was awesome to speak with convening the comparisons. He was fair and objective. Darren and the guys at Wiley's were also very helpful. As you can see I am not afraid to ask. LOL. I ended up getting the 2012 Triumph 67" w/basis boots. I was going with 69" but I am told that at 6'1" 195lbs that the 67" is what I should be on. Let me know if I missed anything and thank you all for the help. My 2011 Mastercraft X14v should be here end of next week and then off to the lake!