best prop

SMITTY

• Baller
I have a 94 nautique 351 carburetored, my lake has very short set up, i have perfect pass stargazer. the boat does not get up to speed fast enough, it does not beep till the boat is passed the 55 m, so i end up with very hot start speed. what would be the best prop to help cure this, not worried about fuel consuption or higher RPM.

• Baller_
Basically, take out some pitch or consider a 4 blade (if you have a 3 blade) for a better holeshot. What is the existing prop? If older, a new Acme or OJ might offer better performance.

Acme 422 if you are running the 1.23:1. Has been a great prop for us. Also, if you already have GT40 heads, consider an edelbrock performer intake manifold. A nice mid range torque boost for the high output 351. If you don't have GT40 heads, get some GT40p heads. But prop first.

• Baller_
I went from a 3 blade nybral (spelling??) to a 4 blade stainless on my former Supra ts6m 260hp carbed. I have short set ups. Made a huge difference through the entire range from hole shot to top end. The Surpa dealer picked out the prop.

• Baller_
ETS - does a Performer RPM manifold actually improve mid range torque for a GT 40 equipped 351? The GM marine manifold is pretty much identical to the Performer RPM, so it would not offer a performance advantage on a 350 marine engine.

• Baller
Thanks for the help! Talked to the guys at acme prop they said to use a 543 13x11.5. I have 1.1 transmission. They said less top end better hole shot and if only used for sking and not cruising you will get better fuel mileage.