9100 re-release

Triplett

• Baller

I am surprised no one has put this on the forum yet. What do you guys think about this? Are you all going to call and order right away or is it just a marketing thing to sell a few more skis?

I am sort of surprised. It is outdated and pretty much the same shape as far as I can tell as the 9900.

• Baller

While the 9100 was absolutely revolutionary (the last time I picked up 3+ buoys just from a ski change), I think it would be a slightly sub-par ski up against today's best.

And yet, I find myself strangely tempted to get one, just because I (like so many others) have such positive memories associated with it.

I'm pretty sure in the end I won't, but I can see why he'd re-release it, because I bet the combination of nostalgia and human collector's instinct will sell a few.

• Baller
Maybe he is testing to see if there will be a market for intermediate level skis. I think it may be trend in the industry. The sport is getting too expensive for most people to afford. Maybe the ski companies are looking to add lower price products. HO brought back the MacH 1 which was their top of the line at one time. If I were married and had a family I guarantee I would no longer be water skiing. If you go to some of the local lakes near where I ski, Conneaut Lake, and Shenango reservour all you see now is tubers and jet skis. People's(non tournament skiers) jaws drop when I tell them what I paid for my D3 Nomad RCX. I will probably ski on it for 7-8 seasons which is what I usually get out of a ski. Maybe the boat companies will do something similar. A Ski Nautique with the 1997-1999 hull with a 1994-1996 dash and deck would be awesome..

• Baller
I sold my 9100 for $200 a couple of years ago, after getting a Nomad. The 9100 was awesome when it came out, but to release it now for almost a $G? I don't get it? I would think a Fire would be much better option? Will they include bindings in the price for the new 9100? I'd think they'd have to for that kind of scratch.