Discontinued Products You Wish You Had Stocked Up On

jipster43

• Baller
I love my discontinued HO Talon gloves. No other glove fits me as well as those and I love the closures. If I had a time machine I would go back and buy a case of them. It always baffles me when companies quit manufacturing products that seem so perfect to me. What are some other products y'all have loved only to see them go the way of the DeLorean?

• Baller_
I did stock up on Clincher gloves (but ran out). Thank you RadaR for making a better mouse trap. Your Clincheresc gloves are far superior in every way from materials used to design improvements that just make sense. Please please please do not stop making them. And if you see a day when you think you will stop......I'll take 30 pair.

• Baller

TEamWally, I just sold my '99 that was like new, like putting down the family dog.

Ronny dry top,hyperlite motogloves, ARS Radius handles at $60, Goode 9100 67" 240 AMP (I see they are making 9100 again, but only up to 220).

• Baller_
@triplett I love skiing behind the 200 but between the gas use, cost, high RPMs and yet to be seen engine issues the 196 is better. I have been driving the TXI, 200 and 196 for the last 3 weeks and every time i get behind the wheel of the 196 it feels great. If I had to buy a 200, TXI or MC, it would be the TXI and that is price tag related.

• Baller
@MS I know we briefly discussed the Txi on another thread. Do you ski different ZO settings behind the Txi than a 200 or MC? I could NOT ski behind that boat to save my life. I'm sure its 99% in my head, but thought I'd ask....

• Baller_

@MattP Probably the 200 but I would feel better about the decision in a few more years when we can see the effect of the high RPMs on an engine with 1500 hours. But 55k for a used Promo boat is a tough bill to pay.

@webbdawg99 I use B1 on all the boats and they all feel good. This is the first Malibu that I have liked to drive and ski behind. The cockpit is awesome and it tracks much better than the LXI or LX. The promo price looks to be comming in about 8k cheaper then the 200.

• Baller

Last seasons Master line prolocks (size M)

Have two new pairs and both for some reason have longer straps by about 2cm? Tried putting holes in the straps (idea from another thread to increase grip). Now have a pair with a holey strap that don't grip!

Going to have to get the needle and thread out.

• Baller

Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew. Now can only find in Canada, but Canadian Dew is weird: contains actual Orange Juice!

Sahara drysuit. Scared on this one. Damn I love that suit.

HO Talon gloves. (41 tails are good, thank god, but I still think I like the Talon better.)

Moose Juice with non-useless spray nozzles.

Neutragena T-Gel before they added some hideous flower scent to it.

Shoe laces that stay tied.

• Baller_
@jipster very light, and stays that way. Does not hold water at all. Stiffish like an exoskeleton but still flexible enough. Felt like you put something on that protects you. Very thin. Just liked it a lot.

• Baller
@jipster I'm with Wish. Doesn't hold water, dries fast, very light, fit well, very thin. Feels more sturdy than the all neos...once tight keeps that snug feeling like it give a more supportive feel. $49 if it fits would be a great deal.

• Baller

$5/pr neoprene palm pads from Brenda.

Resorting to making my own. Anyone have a good resource for sheets of neoprene (like about 1/2 to 1 yard of it) ?

I've been buying neoprene lunch bags from Walmart and cutting the palm pads myself. You can get two sets of pads out of a lunch bag.

• Baller
Still use the Straightline Ultra vest (looking into an Eagle vest to replace it). It still works, looks old and dated, but so am I. Ski limited had a great cheap version of the Straightline Classic kevlar glove. Had I known I could have bought 3 for the cost of 1 pair today. Than you need to go on the shampoo forum.