Has anyone tried a Carbon fin on a Razor ski?

RCM

I just measured my Razor fin, its .075 thick and my Horton fin is .100 thick, I would hate to Mill or sand the Carbon fin knowing it will affect the performance of the fin. Ed, Can you measure the thickness on your Sans Rival fin? My goal here is to make the Razor a little more forgiving in the turns, I always used a Horton fin on my Goode 9700 until the ski broke.

They both ski very much the same, but I do think the 9700 is just a little faster.

PB is on the 9700 by 1/2 buoy.

How can I get a Sans Carbon fin? any dealers in the US?

• Baller
I had a Carbon Fin on my Yellow Fischer (same fin block as Razor). I had the fin block milled .012" and sanded the slot until the fin slipped in. I kept the milled fin block when I sold my Yellow Fischer and moved it to my new Orange Fischer, but I have not tried the Carbon Fin in this ski.

• Baller

@Ryno 2.08mm = .082" according to the online conversion. Horton doesn't like us to go political here so I will resist the urge to chastise us backward Americans for continuing to use a confusing, hard to work with, putting our kids at a world disadvantage, obsolete and non standard measurement system. I guess I shouldn't go off on QWERTY keyboards either...

Carbonfins rock!

Eric