Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Heater core 2000 SN 196

6balls

• Baller

Anyone know model number of the heater core in a 2000 SN 196? Started having hot water spit out my heater vents under the dash today. Called my usual source and he wants a pic of the core to make sure he gets me the right one. Given I want little down time, I would rather not take out the core until I have a new one to pop in. If anyone knows the part # let me know so I can get one ordered up.

Thanks.

• Baller
Don't have a number but seems to me it's a mustang or econo van heater core if that helps. Search Correctcraftfan mx discussions.You have to remove the box anyway and drill out the rivets to get in there. Use appropriate size 3" long plastic or copper tube to bypass the box until you get the part.

• Baller

I used a bronco II. Had to trim the box a little.

If you have a heater, you need a splice to tie the hoses together for the next core leak. It is when, not if.

In 12 years I think I am on my 4th core. The first one was an easy weld fix for $25 at a radiator shop, but I still count it because it is a pain for me to squeeze my frame under the deck.

• Baller
Has anyone ever heard of a Webasto heater? They're used alot in the trucking world as a bunk heater. They are tied into the diesel tank as their fuel source. (They also have a gas fired unit) Their design is similar to a jet engine. The reason that I bring this up is that the heater craft unit has always been plagued with the cores going south all of the time and they usually don't generate enough heat while at idle. The Webasto will cook your a$$ without the motor running since all it needs is a fuel source and electrical current. I haven't tried this yet to see how they would hold up bouncing around in a boat but I've seen them in a big rig and like I said before, they'll produce all the heat you'd ever need!

• Baller
Most guys know the car/truck inventory pretty well and will go right to it if they know exactly what you need. Heatercraft has made some tweeks over time so I am willing to bet some different cores were used. May or may not fit yours! Is yours a two or three hose unit? To see my point check evilpay under mustang heater core. Many deviations.

• Baller

Thanks all, found the part number from someone on a nautique site. If anyone needs it I can post. Perhaps best to pick it up and install before letting you know it's correct. may have a chance to install this Friday.

Funny thing is I pulled @cowtipperguy and my feet are getting doused in hot water out the vents. He climbs under between sets and wiggles some stuff, raps on it and climbs out. No water since!

• Baller_
The reason you are getting the answers above is you have not provided enough information on what unit you have so that the proper recommendation can be made, there are multiple Heatercraft units and the cores are different. As noted above, the easy solution is to call Heatercraft direct and purchase through them or your favorite dealer supporting our awesome sport.