Dry Suits

Jeff

My friends and I all have closed cell neoprene drysuits that are several years old. We have owned "baggies" before, but really prefer the neoprene suits. Our problem is nobody is making them anymore. Oneill is making a hybrid called the Assualt, but they don't have tall size to fit me. Bare did make a nice hybrid, but they don't make it anymore. Why stop making something that is sooo good? Anyone know where I can find a Ski Warm or Oneill style suit?

• Baller
I skied for years in a Sahara, loved it but the second one finally bit the dust. I replaced it with the Oneill Assault hybrid. I like it fine, the loose top is nice for wearing clothes under. I did have to send it back for repair of a torn ankle seal after only 1-1/2 seasons.

• Baller

@scotchipman that is a good point about the vest. I have an HO Syndicate molded vest that I wear over the suit. I don't understand the function of the cuffs.

Bare doesn't make the hybrid anymore?

• Baller

I miss my O'Neill Lapoint drysuit. Best suit I ever wore. They also made it custom for me as a XL with XXL neck. Off the rack and fit like a glove.

I also liked the Ronny Drytop (Warm n Fuzzy), and like me and my buds say, find something you like in water skiing, buy a bunch! Never know when they will stop making it. I know some had bad material on the sleeves, but I guess I was lucky with the 4 I bought. Just pulled one out of the bag this Spring and still have one brand new one left in the bag.

Should have bought a couple dozen Motogloves too! Best grip on the planet. I think they only made those for a partial season though.. Oh well.

Sounds like lots of interest. Ski Warm or Oneill should make them again. They are better. Baggies have tight seals which restrict circulation making hands and feet cold and neck veins bulge. I don't need a vest, so I am lighter and have far less drag. Easy pull-outs and no noise from the legs dragging in the water at the turns. Maybe they were too good and last too long so no one wants to make them?