video coaching.

skier2788

• Baller
I am looking at doing video coaching with seth. I was wondering if anyone had done it. If it was worth it. If you would reccommend the series or just one session. If there is anyone else that does video coaching. I know its a lot of questions but i cant go to a site for coaching so this is my option. Any help is appreciated.

• Baller

I tried video coaching with another coach I really like and was left wanting. Coaching in person is far superior in my opinion.

I think the problem is when you get coaching in person you are actively engaged in the process at the moment you get the feedback. With video you're getting feedback on a pass you ran some time ago. In addition you probably aren't skiing when you get the feedback.

Seth is a great coach and if you can't get to him in person then video coaching may be the next best. Just wanted to pass along a perspective.

• Baller
One thing I like about video coaching is that you spend time correlating what you are feeling with what you actually look like, and there is usually a big difference between the two. Using verbal instruction to "feel" your way toward something you've never felt before is challenging. With video, you know what you want it to look like so you have something measurable to work towards. And with Seth's top notch feedback on your video, you'll know that you are chasing the right things in the right order of priority in your quest to send him better looking videos.