A2 any difference between 34mph or 36mph settings

Stevie Boy

• Baller

WOW! 29 1/8" DFT .745 Stock is 29 1/2" and DFT .780

I know it must work for you, and appreciate your input, is there an explanation or you did just get there by trial and error.

Trying to get my head round this, bindings back 3/8" and then DFT .745 making the ski longer to counteract the binding placement

• Baller
Every elite skier I talked to on the 66.5 was running the binding at 29 1/8 to 29 1/4". So that's where I started. I felt the ski came under me too hard off of the apex so I started moving the fin back until I found a spot I liked. Matt Brown said that a lot of the guys are running the fin back in that range.

• Baller

Dirt, Matt told me he ran 30 on his 67.5 the other day and Marcus says he runs 30 1/8 on his 67.5. Matt caveated that by saying if he used any shoulder at all, the ski slammed around hard. He said typically he runs 29 5/8. Badal said he typically runs 29 3/8.

FWIW..........I picked up my tournament pb by 3 buoys so far on the A2. I can guarantee I'll pick up another 3 buoys in the next month as I get more sets on it.

• Baller
@ShaneH. That all sounds right and good to me. I run my 67.5 at one hole back from 30 which probably puts me at 29 5/8. I'm trying hard to ski back to the handle with no shoulder rotation, dip, off hand reach, etc. at all and if I can get consistent at that (it's an ongoing struggle) I could see going to 30. I think at 30 if i did the slightest reach for the handle or let my inside shoulder drop in, I'd be in the water.

• Baller
I am on a stock A2----put the bindings as far forward as you can handle but not so much that it bites and puts you in the drink, like Jim was saying. 29 5/8 is about it for me, maybe if my technique was better I could go another 1/8" forward without it affecting me.

• Baller
I like the EXO's a lot. Got em a month ago and have 10-12 sets on them. Would have more but I mounted them on the ski I was testing that I didn't decide on. So the EXO's didn't come back out until after my first two tournaments. If you stick the tip, the release is super clean.