Worlds Dumbest.....

skinut

• Baller

I think we should have a continuing thread that chronicles some of the dumbest things you have seen done on the water. Of course, watching Wally's load and unload boats is top on the list but I have another experience that I thought I would share.

Last summer we were at the lake and I noticed something that just didn't look right. While sitting on the dock watching the usual traffic pass by I saw our neighbor attempting to create the best surf wake possible behind his DD ski boat. This idiot thought it made sense to hang off of the tower on drivers side. He was dangling over the water trying to get more weight onto the left side of the boat to make a killer surf wake. I was hoping that the idiot would have fallen off of the boat and been run over by the surfer! Unfortunately, the theory of Darwinism didn't hold true and this guy will continue to produce offspring.

What are the dumbest things you have seen on the water?

• Baller

Guy driving a big Nautique with wake surfer behind. Driver was TEXTING and ran his boat hard aground about 10 feet down the lake from the end of my dock. Surfer surfed in to the back of the boat.

Nobody was injured, and unfortunately the boat wasn't damaged. I'd feel much safer with that drivers boat off the lake permanently.

Texting while driving! Give me a break!

• Baller
@ThePantsManCan Although struck dumb by what I'd just witnessed, my first concern was to get back to my buddy. When I got back to him I was kind of relieved to see how furious he was cause it meant he was okay. But I thought I was about to see someone run on water he wanted so badly to get his hands on the jetskier. By the time my buddy was in the boat, the spineless idiot on the jetski was out of the bay and out of sight ... lucky for him.

• Baller
The reason we now ski on a private lake is that 3 girls got on a jet ski out on the public lake we skied on, lost control, all bailed off at full throttle and the jet ski ran through the sides of one of our boats. Afterwards, the unlucky owners of that boat said "We have 100 acres. Let's build a lake."