Strada, Right Ski?

WIskier

Hi guys, I had a 2011 65" senate last year and I ended up selling it, so I got a 66" strada off ski it again. I haven't skied the course with it yet but I have done some free skiing and It feels pretty good. I just started skiing the course at the end of last year and I skied some good 15 offs at 30 mph and ran a couple decent 15 offs at 32 mph (on the senate). Now I'm just concerned that the strada might be not the right ski. I have done some reading and I have heard that people at my skill ski on stradas and are fine. I'm just worried it may be too much ski. What do you guys think? Thanks.

@WIskier like rq0013 said that ski will work great at those lower speeds with your height and weight and will take you into 43 off if you so desire. If you want to keep taking your skiing further i highly recommend getting video of your skiing and start to study it. Then start studying other skiers video and watch how they get through the course. Over time you should find this to be a great tool to get you through the tuffer passes.

@wlskier for what it's worth I'm your exact dimensions and on a vice (same shape as strada) 66" sking at -15 mostly 30 mph hoping to speed it up this year. Hey why not take some videos and post them here for free advice and so that other 15 offers can learn from them?

Just skied my new Vice twice and love it, you will to. With PB of 28 off at 32 I can say this ski is one to grow into. Its a freaking rocket! It can get ahead of you easy. I never had a ski slice the wake as well. My buddy is doing the "try it if you like it" ski test and getting a Strada and Senate so we can compare all three of them side by side cant wait.