Propeller Handle

scuppers

• Baller
Have any of you Ballers had a handle, that when pulled through the water after a fall, spins and winds the rope up? In this case it happens to be a Masterline Custom Grip Style with no obvious damage anywhere. The end caps are in tact and it does not have any water in it. It pulls streight as well. Any ideas on how to stop the winding/twisting?

I have that happen also with a Masterline Custom handle, though I believe it was caused by having weed wrapped around the handle. Unfortunately when the handle got to me I saw the weed around it, but didn't realise the rope had twisted up. The following ski then resulted in a few broken stands in the rope and a permanent twist through it.

• Baller

I was at Lucky Lowe's ski school many years ago. They would untwist the rope by tossing the boat end of the rope in the water and dragging it behind the boat just above idle. I have tried it a couple of times and it helps. I add a cylinder shaped float to my slalom handles which seems to help. I have 4 new ropes and no twisting problems yet. I also untwist them by hand when I coil them up for storage. I coil them up with big 3-4 foot loops and hang them by their rope keepers from my boat garage ceiling.

• Baller

Thanks guys,

In this case it winds up no matter how you get back to the skier. It drives me crazy too. I unwind it after every fall as well and that drives everyone in the boat crazy. I've got a new US Gear set up (Pro V Handle and Knotless Rope) on the way. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

I'd say most handles appear to do that to some degree. The bouncing and spinning around can knock out boat guides after the skier falls too. I check for it in the mirror and move the boat away further from the guides when necessary.- Saves down time in a tournament.