ZERO OFF - New Software release? "D" setting

skibug

• Baller

I am not sure that is the objective. I sure would like something between "B" and "C". I would really like to ski a "B2+" or "C2-"; instead I am on B3. It is a trade off between the boat being on you earlier with slightly less RPM vs the boat being on you a little later with more initial RPM. I actually like C2 when I am running my pass early; but, if I am late or scrambling on my harder pass it just doesn't let me get the edge of the ski back in the water because the boat is on me too quick. The result is I wind up being a little flatter with less angle through the wakes.

I think and elongated number "2" setting acceleration curve would feel a lot better. Just my opinion.

• Baller
The only change I am aware of is "X" and "XX" that will address the gate issue for skiers over 180lbs. It will allow the boat to "run" a bit more and hit the gates at a fractionally faster speed (similar to PP) so the reaction of ZO is not as aggressive from entrance gates to one ball for us heavier skiers.

• Baller
@jdarwin, I am one of those guys (200 lbs); that may be a good thing and it could potentially translate through the length of the course. Meaning, it all starts at one ball and if that can be a little more consistant, without loading up the boat, it should ease up the response of ZO down course; that it if you can maintain a smooth pass.

• Baller
@jdarwin Sounds like a good change. As a 170 lbs weakling, it was relatively easy for me to adjust to ZO (although my very first set felt awful). But I keep hearing it's a tougher transition for the bigger folks. If they've found a specific reason why and a fix for it, that's great!