Recommended Pylon Torque 1997 Ski Nautique

JC McCavit

• Baller_

50 foot pounds should work ok on 1/2" SS u-bolts. I just tighten them down to Stephen foot pounds!! Ever see his arms.

Make sure and check the Stainless Steel pylon foot glassed in the bottom of the boat and see if it is still glassed to the bottom of the boat! you can tighten down the u-bolts all you want but if that foot has broken loose ( and they have) the pylon will still feel loose when skiing and deflect quite a bit..

• Baller
Thanks Jody, I Just wanted to make sure I didn't over due it with a big cheater bar. It is also nice to know the approx. torque so you do not try to continue tightening the pylon u-bolts if you have another problem. My phylon is not noticably loose but I want to check it. It does make some strange noises with a big skier really reefing on it.

• Baller_
Like I said Steve-o foot pounds! You can utilize a breaker bar to tighten just don't lay into it! You can rent torque wrenches at most any parts stores now a day's and for what you are trying to accomplish the calibration of the tool is not a big deal..