Razor

tsixam

• Baller

I run a couple of 28´s on the new 68 Razor today. It turns extremely sharp, a little to much, need to go back 1 or 2 holes on the bindings. I ran factory settings but I forgot the tape measure and just put the bindings in the middle holes. . The Elite is for sale.

What settings are you guys running?

Tsixam

• Baller

Razor1 and I are both running the factory stock "shortline" setting as opposed to the base setting. On bindings I'm in the middle holes, Razor1 is back one hole. He runs a strada binding which I couldn't make work and so went back to my Leverage binding. @Razor1skier, do you have the measurements for the factory "shortline" written down?

I'd run a few more sets for acclimation before adjusting anything.

• Baller

I am on a 68"

orange Fischer, which according to Volker is very similar to the A68. My settings are:

6.878" length

2.463 depth

.875 dft

29.75 Binding

I tried the factory binding placement of 29.5" but it didn't work for me.

• Baller
@tsixam -- I have the "new" shortline settings at home and will post when I get there unless Volker beats me to it. I found that the ski was very quick to turn and that it softened up a little when I moved the bindings back. I am using 29.3 for binding placement. I also believe that you don't want to force it to turn unless you need it to. I find that if I stay quiet in place over the bindings the ski is far smoother in the turns, and still fast as hell.

• Baller

Thanks guys! I have always wondered if Strada count as Hard or Soft boot? I´ll try these settings and report back when the water gets warmer, right now it´s only 51F.

@ Razorskier1, Do you have DFT with head, I really don´t like the needle I´ll never get the same reading twice.

Tsixam

• Baller

@tsixam, I have factory needle .705 @ .660 with head.

This will be interesting to see how many various results we can come up with using both methods.

My ski is also manually ground off at the rear to remove the remainings from the vacuum tubing in the molding process.

Makes you wonder how exact this dft measurement will be from ski to ski.

• Baller

I just looked at my Fischer document copied from the Original Austrian Fischer site for the 67.9" ski:

Original Fischer Site:

Length (Tips): 6.998

Depth: 2.454

DFT: .645

Wing: 9

Boots: 29.5

My settings (68" Orange Fischer) are pretty close to these. @Taperflex - .875 DFT seems like a lot for this ski...

• Baller
The Razor is not quite the Fischer, I would caution about same settings. I was all over the place on a Fischer at 28 off. Was skeptical to try the Razor but given I forgot my ski that day it was my only choice for a ride. Opening set ended 3 @ 38. Much more stable ski with a larger sweet spot but maintained much if not all of the Fischer's turning ability and speed.

• Baller
I'm on a Blue 66 Fischer skiing at 36, probably too heavy but also came off the Elite and my skiing has improved last season was running pretty close to original fischer setting that @Roger posted, but went out the front towards to the end of the season ( a few times). Thought this year try the Razor shortline setting worked great at 34 but stepped it up to 36 and struggling. Binding running Radar vector at 29.25 might try going one hole forward, otherwise back to original setting before my trip over the pond to Minnesota !

• Baller

I´ve had about 8 sets on the Razor with the shortline settings now. The water is warmer, about 69F and the ski feels great. Ran a couple of 35´s yesterday that felt pretty easy and 38 will not be far away. The ski seems to be just as fast as the Elite but much more stable and predictable.

Thank´s for your help.

Tsixam