Z-Box Rocket

Broussard

• Baller
Got z-box up and running! It feels like ZO, and is coming up actual almost every time and in tolerance 100% of the time. The only problem is, it's like a rocket through the 55s and doesn't settle in till the gates. Is there any way to fix this?

I set the CR/CS value alot lower and that seemed to help mine. I noticed that the engagement was sooner and that the seems to be getting right on speed at the gate instead of hot thru the gate like we had before. I saw the CR/CS adjustment noted on other posts from folks having the same/similar issue.

• Baller
Also taking 200 rpm out of your baseline can help, as well as driving style.. Its not ZO, dont push that throttle to the floor.. pull em up easy till it beeps, and then thats it. What I know is that it doent like spinning at the ends... If I spin at the end, they get a hot gate, no matter what I do.

• Baller
You have to finesse it up to speed and not push past the beep. If you are going around islands with someone going less than 32 it is difficult to keep the rpm low enough until you are headed straight into the course.

• Baller

I have the same issue that Dirt mentions regarding going around the islands. If the baseline is reached (engaging the system) while still in the turn, the speed control will add rpms, sensing a slow speed, and invariably the gate and 1st segment time is way fast, with a way slow second segment.

I spoke with Perfect Pass in depth about this a few weeks ago, and they indicated that they were aware of the issue and are looking into a software upgrade that will fix the problem. I am not sure if the fix will be a delay of some sort, or changing the engagement trigger from rpm's to a gps based location trigger.

PP indicated the fix could be in the near future. Dealing with them has been a pleasure. They spent an hour with me on the phone while I was in the boat running in the course under a bunch of different scenarios. FWIW, they told me not to set the baselines low (which is a contradction to some of the literature they provided with the Z Box). They said low rpm settings confuses the system leading to inconsistent times.

• Baller
All a lowered baseline does is allow the system to lock in sooner, giving it a bit more time (and a bit more headroom) to made the final adujstment up to correct rpm for set speed assuming you haven't over throttled. Confuses the system? How is that possible, the baseline setting is only to set the system engagement point, period. Affects nothing else.

• Baller
Just repeating what Mark at PP told me. Our problem is that with turn islands, if the baseline is reached while the boat is still in the turn, the GPS senses that the boat speed is slow (because of the turn), and adds rpm's to try to bring it up to speed. By the time you get to the gates, you are flying because it hasn't had time to settle, and then you get really slow times for the 2nd segment. If I lower the baselines, they will be reached even earlier in the turn. The key is to not let the gps engage until the boat is straight heading towards the course. When I start (with no skier) from the end of the lake heading straight into the course, the times are perfect every time, but we can't start like that on our lake with a skier. Hopefully they will come up with a fix. PP said they will be working on it next week.