Finally back on the water

Shortenit

After 9 months, 3 weeks, 6 days and a few hours, finally got back on the ski a few days ago after tearing my left hamstrings off last summer. Free skied first, then ran a couple passes. Never imagined skiing 15 off in a drysuit could feel so sweet!

• Baller

I finally made it back onto the water, after microfracture surgery on the knee, conditions were far from perfect, deep water starts, the knee not to keen on that, but once up it felt ok, I am wearing a Don Joy Armour brace for protection, I could feel the vibration of the water, working those little muscles around the knee, onside lean ok, offside a mental nightmare, thats where I used to get the pain, no position, protecting all the time, got a lot of work to do, had one attempt at the course, 32mph 15off, failed miserably, going to have to pray for a miracle, I need to get back to my former glory.

However it did feel great to be back on the water, hope in time, I can get to trust my knee, relax and enjoy the thrill of shortline.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy I certainly know where you are coming from. It took me about a month of skiing to get where I trust my knee. Now two months into our ski season, I don't even think about it while skiing. I think about it going up and down stairs. But with skiing, it's the last thing in my mind. The trust will come.