Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Mankato MN Ski Addiction Rant- Help!

thager

• Baller
Yesterday ..... Rain. This morning ..... Rain. Finally stopped raining. Sweet!! Wind was out of the north so a little cool but course was glass. Not a wally or fishing t...uh, nerd in sight. Stared at the dammed course all day long. Staring at the dammed thing now. GLASS!!! Called at least a dozen people. Even had a pull lined up that fell through. Should have driven an hour and skied with MS but my wife wanted me around so I called and called and stared and called and stared and called some more. What the #!@%$ is wrong with people? A perfectly good course and no one to use it with. I need to start an internet site or something, grow hair, talk gibberish, load a potato and take photos. Anyone in the Mankato area interested the least bit in slalom skiing drop me a message. Thanks! I'm going back to staring at my unusable course until it gets dark!!

Dude I'd totally go see you but I cant. You think rain is bad there? It rained nearly 27 days straight last year in July here. JULY! Having a driver is also an issue to buying a boat. I cant even get people out for dinner most of the time, how am I supposed to convince someone to have fun on a lake every weekend of the summer?

• Baller_
That is a major bummer. A good poll question would be: "how many ballers stare at glass and buoys but can't find a driver?" I hate that feeling and impending darkness only contributes to depression, particularly when "gusty" winds are predicted for the next day. . .

• Baller
Luckily, only happens a couple times a year. Depressing as heck when it does though! Please excuse my french! I am so embarrassed. My driver gets home from college on Thursday. Yes, MS you have great drivers there. If I was ten years younger I would be all over it! If I was fifteen years younger you would be single! : )

Same problem here in Central NY Brewerton area. Come home after work to stare at glass river water no wind usally curent ripples only and my Prostar sits on the hoist, sucks! Just emailed ski buddys to possibly set up a specific weekday and time we ski every week like a league does. Anyone in my area.... call me 315-436-188four.

• Baller

@thager I feel your pain. Every Sunday when we leave the lake it never fails to be sunny and flat. Or any time I have extended time at the lake and no buddies around it will be sunny and flat all over. Wish I could help ya, but Kato is to far after work with kiddos waiting at home.

Perhaps we can meet sometime and drink all of @MSs beer.

• Baller
@MS, are you around home June 10-19th? Andy B and his wife from the UK are going to be visiting for skiing and hitting dairy farms with @cowtipperguy. We may be interested in a Pine Island invasion via the Rochester airport if you were ok w/same. Trying to think of all the ways we can show Andy and Lorna a good time in MN.

• Baller_

@6balls

I should be home by the 11th. I am doing the Ranch, Cottonwood and then the Bullneck in Little Rock starting on May 26. We are hosting a 6 round slalom weekend on the weekend of the 23/24. It will be online in a few days if USA gets on it.