Ski - boot combo weights?

jefflyman

• Administrators
Skis are lighter today than 10 years ago because of better materials. Crap materials that are light do not make a better ski. Lighter is the byproduct. I am almost done with a review of the Radar Vice. It is not a light ski but I like it a lot.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
Coefficient Xsl is NOT a light ski but it can get the job done short line. Agree with John. Lighter (ill toss in thinner as well) is a byproduct of advanced materials that have more to do with rebound than anything else.

• Baller

Maybe it can be summarized like this: "Lighter" usually contributes to "quicker," but "quicker" is often "less forgiving." "Less forgiving" can be bad for "confidence," and "confidence" is KEY to high performance. Few speed sports are less predictable or more risky than high speed on water, making confidence hard enough to come by for slalom skiers in a constant state of injury recovery. So unlike many other sports, in slalom skiing, the lightest quickest setup isn't always the "best" setup.

@Horton these cradles are not commercially available. If that changes, I'll post details on BOS.

• Baller

@Horton Jim Gallagher has been building these portable “Fin Fiddler” ski tuning benchs as one-offs for friends, but is setting up to sell them in the near future. You can reach him at: jtgallagher1@cox.net or 703-573-0021.

http://db.tt/sJLlttXW