My New S2 and EXO Bindings

Garn

• Baller

Yesterday I finally got to ski on my new S2. All I can say is WOW! If it was a woman I'd leave my wife for it! I absolutely love it. Right off the bat I could feel the difference between it and my A1. Fast, smooth, easy to turn, and forgiveable is how I would describe it. My gosh! I haven't been this thrilled with a ski since ...... well ..... I can't remember being this thrilled with a ski! And its dang good looking as well!

I also got the HO EXO Form boots. I am coming off of Radar RS1 (Strada) boots. Honestly, I don't understand why these boots haven't just taken off. Best fitting, most comfortable boot I've ever used. I really don't understand why they are not more popular. I was a bit worried about the boots to be honest. I thought I was taking a bit of a risk with them since they don't seem to be that popular. I was wrong! I absolutely love them. I wouldn't go back to the Radar boots if you paid me. And I loved my Radar boots.

Overall, I could't be happier with my new setup even if I tried. All I can think about now is when can I go skiing next.

Garn

• Baller

Feel exactly the same way about my new A2 and Exo Forms...coming off of an A1 and Strada boots...

almost feel like the boots were custom made for my feet and the factory default settings for the ski

are dead nuts on

• Baller
I don't comment often but have to say I am amazed at the S2/exos also. Had not skied since 29 July last summer. Two weeks ago, fourth time in the water, got a great gate behind a dialed in boat and was so early at 2 ball -32@34mph that I was getting pulled into the buoy. I was timid about wrecking and that was the end of that pass. That is skiing on a different level for me - ever! My $.02; the exo system is designed for safety in otf falls and I think users should avoid turning potental otfs into back slides or something less dramatic - just take it and trust the product.

• Baller

Garn,

Love to hear additional impressions on the S-2 vs. A-1. I have been skiing the A-1 for a couple of seasons now the S-2 has my eye. I really like A-1 and I think it has complemented my skiing. But it really wears my ass out!

• Baller

I only have two sets on my S2 so I can't speak from a ton of experience here. But still, there was such a difference between it and my A1 that I almost wonder if I should have made some fin adjustment or something on my A1. The S2 is so much easier to ski. The main word I want to use is smooth. But that really doesn't tell you much. But thats the word that kept running through my mind as I was skiing. I noticed the difference immediately the very first time I turned in for the gates heading towards one ball. Fast and smooth. It was like the ski had no drag. Also, just let the ski turn - don't work or force the turn. Trust the ski and it just comes around. I cannot be happier with my new set up. And I just love the bindings as well.

Garn

• Baller
Yes. I weigh 190 so I went with the 67.5. I debated for quite a while on what size I should get. The 66.5 is rated up to 190. The 67.5 starts at 190. So I was like, "Do I go smaller or bigger?" After listening to a number of people and all recommended going bigger, I did. And I'm glad I did. Its perfect. I'm also 52 years old so I'm not likely to lose much weight.