Cable problems

Than_Bogan

• Baller

We just pulled up our accufloat course and discovered that the two new cable sections we've replaced over the last 2 years were both broken, and in the same way (at the connection between the cable and the connector that attaches at the PVC). Fwiw, the 15-year old ones (easily identified by the blue plastic coating) were all still just fine.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone experienced this?

2) Is the problem fixed in new cables? If so, when did the fix happen (because we have some in inventory that we bought kinda recently)?

3) Does anybody else supply such cables (Ed @ EZ-Slalom maybe?)

4) Any other advice?

• Baller

Interesting! Can anybody vouch for the WallyCourse?

That sure LOOKS like a great design: Color coated cables so you can easily tell what goes where, and -- more importantly -- stainless clips at every junction or terminus, so you only have to replace what actually breaks, instead of the entire 41m worth.

Has anyone used these? Found them to last a long time?

• Baller

@Than Bogan we do build a sectional SS cable mainline design, meaning the sections that attach to the arm are separate sections and the cables that run from arm to arm are separate sections. You just replace the damaged section, not the entire mainline and you can do the repairs in the water with only a pair of pliers required. How interchangable they'd be with someone elses mainline I don't know but if you want more specifics feel free to drop me an e-mail ed@ez-slalom.com.

Cheers, Ed @ EZ-Slalom

• Baller

Wally is a member of our ski club at Little Mountain Lake in NC. We use his equipment on our permanent courses. I have no experience with the full WallyCourse; but, Wally is very knowledgable, customer focused, and a real stand up guy. His "Nate Smith approved" turn balls are the best I have seen.

I can comment on what we use. The turn balls are EXCELLENT!! He worked closely with the manufacturer and ran a bunch of tests on color and material blends (too keep them really soft) for the turn balls. They are super soft and a bit oblong so they readily displace when hit. This combination really helps when you run them over like I do.

• Baller

I use stainless cable in my wells. One batch corroded very quickly. Defective or low quality stainless. The new cable has been great. Make sure you get the highest quality stainless cable if you do the repair yourself. And use the expensive stainless clamps. Or get Ed or Wally to set you up.

Eric