D3 Fusion

Stevie Boy

• Baller
Skidawg got off his Elite and is in love with the Fusion. Ran 39 1/2 off on his fifth set on it, I think. One of my ski partners got off his Elite and onto the Fusion too. Both say it's as fast as the elite with more stable turns. My perception is that it seems to be more of a 34mph ski, which is why you probably don't see Nate on it. It seems to ride higher than the X7.

• Baller
I am on the fusion and it is amazing. It's fast, it turns symmetrical on both sides, it's super easy to ride. It likes you to stay centered (not a back foot stomper) on the ski and just ride it. Since switching early this spring, I'll have to say it had more fun riding this ski than anything ive been on in years. I've also run more 39's n practice (march-April) than I normally run thru July.

• Baller
So, if you were to recommend a ski size for a guy weighing 150lbs, runs a fair amount of -35s, mid 38, 34mph... would it be a 65"? That's what the D3 site says. And it seems to be accurate according to you guys skiing on them, it just seems small to me. That said, for you all that skied your normal length ski and chose the size down, what made you do so?

• Baller
I am 195-200lbs and always ride a 68" ski, the 67" fusion is perfect for me. Everyone that we have had try one Liked the smaller size. Try the 65, set it up stock and go from there (I am a touch shorter and shallower than stock). The smaller size just turns quicker for me at 39, I felt the 68 was just to big for me at the shorter rope lengths! After you ride it please give feedbAck

• Baller

I will answer for him! Yes, it is much more forgiving and easier on the body. The Elite was/is a great ski if you are spot on the sweet spot. Get off of it and you are done. The fusion is much less sensitive to this. It does not like a lot of back foot at the buoy, but it won't kill you if you do happen to get a little on the tail here and there.

(I am sure Skidawg will correct me if I am wrong)

• Baller
Feedback... 10-4. I'm currently on the 66. Skied them both last fall a few sets and decided on the 66. Lost 5+lbs over winter and will be skiing the 65 again in the next week or so. It's a great ski. I'll give ya'll the run down after the re-test ride.

• Baller
I've liked all the D3's I've had. The X5, RCX, Zst, but the Fusion is giving me fits. My RCX is very stable in the turns. The Fusion is a little quicker cross course, but I can't get consistent turns on either side. It's a 67 inch. Bindings are 30 1/8 and fin settings are 6.907/2.503/0.705. I tried to set it the same as my RCX but maybe that doesn't work on this ski. I'm getting frustrated, but may make a change or two before I give up on it.

• Baller
TWB. Your numbers are a fair bit off of stock. I was initially shorter and shallower, but went very close to factory and the ski was much more consistent/balanced. Check you binding and fin against the numbers on their web site. I believe they good.

• Baller
@TWB - move your bindings to 30". With the bindings forward of stock the tip will engage too quickly off the 2nd wake. I too loved the RCX but this ski is much better. Especially at 35 and shorter. Fin numbers that work for me on the 67": 6.905 / 2.508 / .745 flat / 7 deg wing.

• Baller
@skidawg 185#. I'm 10# heavier than this time last year which doesn't help. Will try the new numbers tonight. I usually try to get the settings close and leave them alone and have never played too much with them, but maybe this ski is more sensitive than my past skis.

• Baller
Thanks for the help everyone. I would have never thought to get a 66. If one comes up I might try it later this year. I did try new settings and had similar results. One set I might only make half of my passes and the next, I might run all of them (all 28's). I have two S2's to try right now. I skied the 67.5 first and it felt like a surf board. I'm taking a few days off (I have to go back to work) and when I come back, I'll try the 66.5.