Mounting Front Strada Binding

Sethro

• Baller

I just got my new 2011 Strada bindings with aluminum plates. I'm used to the HO Approaches, which mounted with those little cone washers between the plate and ski. Does the washer for the front Strada binding that came with the mounting hardware go between the plate and the ski, or does it simply go under the head of the mounting screw on top of the plate?

Thanks...I can't wait to try these out! I've wanted them for a very long time, but they finally came out with the 13-14 size I need last year. So that meant I had to wait another year before I could find a "closeout" deal.

The washer goes under the head of the screw as you probably figured it out by now...

Be careful not to overtighten those screws, the cushioning under the plate and the rubbery washer can make it feel like they are not screwed tight when they actually are...

I felt like the boots were a bit tight after I bought them late last year so I put shoe trees in them to compress the liners a little when not in use. It gives a lot more room for the toes while keeping a natural fit.

The shoe trees look a lot like this one but with a much sharper or pointier toe end.

• Baller

That seemed logical to me, but the mounting screw has a large, flat and round head acting as a washer by itself. It didn't seem necessary to have a washer under the screw head, but it also didn't seem necessary to have a washer between the plate and the ski.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

• Baller
Front and rear holes have the "T" washers that go between the plate and the ski to allow the ski to flex. The Nylon? Washers go between the plate and the ski on the middle holes to keep the plate centered. i.e. allows the ski to flex around the centre point of the plate.

• Baller

Sethro...Since you are using individual plates, I'd put the nylon washers between the plate and the ski (that is where mine are). Agree...those large, flat round heads of the screws act as a washer.

The "T" washers referenced above are for use w/ the single, Sequence plate. The don't fit in the holes of the individual plates (at least not in mine).