Moving to Dallas?

wart

• Baller

Several places in Dallas area. Two homes and a few lots for sale at Skihaven.org

2 lake site 12 lots. 2 community boats (09 Nautique & 2011 MasterCraft) 3150 sq foot home for sale for 310,000.

• Baller
Contact Marty Gray. He is a skier and real-estate agent and I think he has a couple of lots listed at Timbercove in Granbury TX, 1.5 hr outside of Dallas. He works for Pat Gray real estate in Benbrook TX and can sell you anything in the Metroplex.

• Baller

Thanks for the help guys.

So far my homework tells me that Dallas is a windy area.

Triple J is new to me. How's the windy protection there?

Thanks for the Granbury, real estate connection. But we have decided Granbury is not for us.

Dave, any real estate agent connection at Princeton Lakes?

And those two houses for sale off the lakes... what the lakes rights for them?

@wart as a DFW resident, it would be helpful to know roughly where you plan to work. The area is quite large and traffic a real consideration. If your job is in downtown Dallas then Ski Haven isn't for you...Nearer to FT Worth is another set of locations.

In terms of wind/weather, I wouldn't characterize DFW as "a windy area". Princeton has 4 lakes and lake 4 is well protected. Tough to find bad water there most times. The slalom lake at Ski Haven is also well protected based on any prevailing winds. Never skied at Triple J but others have spoken highly about the lakes.

Frankly, I don't think you can make a 'bad choice' in the DFW area for a ski lake. Probably best to pick something closer to your office/job and go from there.

• Baller

@wart Are you looking to live on the lake or live off site and have a membership? Last I knew, triple J was a membership site without any houses. That may have changed. Princeton, Triple J and Ski Haven all have good conditions. I would suggest a trip to all sites. Location relative to work would be a huge factor. My guess is that the distance from downtown Dallas to both Princeton and Ski Haven would be within about 5 miles of each other. Different directions, but I bet the mileage is pretty close. Princeton will have a more suburban feel and closer to major shopping. Ski Haven is in a MUCH more rural area. (read open land and cows). Ski conditions will be first rate at all three sites. Princeton has 4 lakes with about 50 plus lots. Most home owners have their own boats. Some do share. Ski Haven has 2 lakes with 12 lots. The boats are owned by the HOA. Currently have a 09 nautique and a 11 mastercraft. (The Nautique is for sale if anyone is looking) One major difference is that Ski Haven does not allow ANY wakeboard boats or fat sacks in boats.

@bmiller3536 WOW dude really. I bet -38 will get a WHOLE lot harder to run in practice after you throw a guy under the bus. See all you boys soon. Ski season is here.

• Baller

Thanks everyone. And for the contact info.

We both work remotely... so we can live anywhere.

Dallas has the first two requirements - ski options and a hub airport.

Then add in other things we like and Dallas has those too.