Dallas Fort Worth skiing

T-UP

• Baller
@t-up contact me at a0006240@airmail.net Depending on time of day, 30 min north of Downtown Ft Worth. Contrary to what most of the country and thompjs thinks, trick skis are welcome. Jumpers too. Well, maybe not at all Dallas sites.

T-up you'll like the site @ntx has. Great jump (and jumpers!) nice lake to trick (and trickers!) and a very well protected slalom course. Two lake site and easy drive from downtown Ft Worth. If you like Nascar you can stop at Texas Motor Speedway on the way back.

Jim we're talking about Fort Worth...you know, cowboys, bull riders, roughnecks....maybe Dallas has gone soft! Come to think about it, several good jumpers and trickers north east of Dallas too! You might be on to something Jim!

• Baller

Back in the 80's a friend of mine drove from Tulsa down to Dallas and had a trick ski in the bed of his truck. They gave him a lot s**t about how he couldn't bring it on site. (KYD)

Of course Dallas has had the Jump only tournaments, etc.

• Baller

@thompjs back in the 80's if your first pass in slalom was not at -28 or shorter, chances are you were not allowed to ski at KYD. It was one of the few places I could ski and run a PB into deep -32 off and be the worse skier on the dock. Oh well, things change. Yes Dallas/Ft Worth is starting to develop some pretty decent overall skiers. Keep your eyes open on a few in the B/G 1,2,3 divisions. Heck even Bruce Butterfields kids trick and jump. In fact, and he may not admit it, but Bruce was a 3,000 plus point tricker 25 years ago.

Outside Florida, Dallas/Ft Worth most likely still has one of the highest concentration of top ranked slalom skier of all ages.