Celebrity water skiers?

jcamp

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

DW - Senna is a great film, I'd highly recommend it if you're into motor racing, in fact it's popular amongst even those who are not. Put together very well.

Don't know how well the Spice Girls were known in the USA (from the UK) - but they were a big pop band in the 90s, and one of the members from that Gerri Halliwell started skiing last summer.

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller
Dare I mention it, but country music singer Jake Owen is a solid wakeboarder. Raised in Florida by two former Cypress Gardens skiing parents. His wake boarding is featured in his video for "Barefoot Bluejean Night".

• Baller

I've been told that Romney has actually skied a slalom course, although I can't recall if he ran all 6 buoys. I've also been told that his kids can complete a slalom course. The Romney's have a house on Winnepesaukee in NH, which is where one of the New England tournament sites is (tucked away under a bridge away from the main lake).

When he was governer of MA, he was supposedly going to come ski with us on Cochituate, but it somehow never quite happened. Must ... avoid ... political ... commentary .... PHEW.

• Baller

HEY That IS on Lake Cochituate!!! How weird that I didn't even know about that. I'm pretty sure I was the Chair of the Cochituate State Park Advisory Committee at the time that was made!

Amusing addendum: Waterskiing in that "pond" of the Cochituate chain is normally banned :-).

• Baller_

Romney ...quote May 2012... "“I don’t think I’ll play the President a round of golf,” Gov. Romney said, “but I will take him to a waterski course.". I'd pay money (to charity) to see that. With a statement like that, my guess is he's cleared the course

It's quick but that's Mitt in the vid skiing. Can't believe the interviewer asks about driving the tractor. Duh! The guy is slolam skiing. Why would u ask about a tractor.

Can't get more famous then him. National waterski day if electected?? Hmmm?

• Baller_

I worked on this video: most All the ski scenes were shot on the Butler chain near Orlando, had fun those two days with Alan. I drove the Photo boat that was a rigged up Fish Nautique. The scene where he was bare footing in the boots, Alan had a fit when the directer had me knock the heels off his expensive boots!

• Baller_

How cool would a slalom lake be at the White House.

In all seriousness, the Galactic Leader ought to try to get a phone interview with Mitt, simply from the quote. Might be a great way to publisize the stress reducing and health benefits of skiing.

• Baller
Don't think that I saw the name above: Daron Rahlves. Who had several World Cup victories in snow ski speed events. At one of the Malibu Open tournaments at Bell Acqua, the boyz took him over to Lake 2 and got him over the jump ramp. Reportedly had immediate success and even started to work on some distance. His father, Dennis Rahlves, held the US jump record at 158' from 1964--1968, in between Larry Penacho's and Mike Suyderhoud's records.

I think Adrienne barbeau must have been a waterskier. She looked pretty confident in the swamp among the cypress trees. May have taken lessons at cypress gardens. Pamela Anderson probably waterskied, being a life guard and all. Valerie perrine jumped right in and saved superman. She must have waterskied. Linda Vaughn, the hurst girl may have waterskied. Many car racers are also waterskiers, and they could have introduced her to waterskiing.

• Baller

Kelly Brooks is a famous English model ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1530989/Waterskiing/BOS/Kelly%20Brooks/Kelly_Brooks-3.jpg

... who should probably stick to modelling!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1530989/Waterskiing/BOS/Kelly%20Brooks/Kelly%20Brook%20water%20skiing.jpg